What is an ActionStep® ?
At the heart of XenoGuard automation are ActionsSteps.
ActionStep: A Step in Your Workflow
Whatever you do, you can always break a workflow into small, intuitive steps, such as file upload, starting an application, putting two and two together. At XenoGuard, we thought of all possible steps that a modern engineer, developer, analyst, or office worker may need for their routine. We came up with just around 250 most essential workflow steps.
When you work with XenoGuard, you become a craftsman that puts together small building blocks to create a masterpiece: an ActionScript.
Why It Is Easy to Work With ActionSteps
250 sounds like a lot? No way! We thought of this, too. In the XenoGuard GUI, ActionSteps are easy to find.
- We sorted them into a few groups.
- We put them on a sidebar.
- We gave them intuitive names and speaking icons.
ActionSteps does not require you to write a code. But they are flexible.
- They can be re-used.
- They have reusable parameters.
- They can be connected to each other.
What do our customers say about ActionsSteps?
- You can search through ActionSteps by typing a name.
- You can search by expanding and collapsing their groups quickly.
- You can read a detailed explanation of every ActionStep in the ActionStep reference.
Get ready for your first XenoGuard experience!
What to Automate
It's up to you! For every user, developer, tester, or engineer, there are definitely enough ActionSteps to cover any workflows. Just a few examples:
- Windows automation
- File handling (copy, move, delete, synchronize, backup, FTP)
- Working with Excel and databases
Glue ActionSteps together by drag-and-dropping them. All ActionSteps have the same simple structure. No steep learning curve: you can start working without any background knowledge.
Testing Automation: A No-Code Tool
XenoGuard has ActionSteps that imitate user interaction with an application or website. With XenoGuard, everyone can become a testing expert.
- Find ActionSteps that find and press a button in a GUI
- Use ActionSteps that can operate a device
- Test systematically to catch all weak spots
For complete newbies, we prepared an overview of testing automation purposes and frameworks. Read this documentation article to learn more.
Does it always have to be a complex IoT solution? With XenoGuard, you can access remote machines and start workflows unattended. No need to dive into IoT protocols and standards: you have ActionSteps with self-explanatory names and a user-friendly editor.
Get your things done while you live your life. Focus on what's important for you.
Subscribe to XenoGuard to enjoy the advantages of no-code automation!